Contract Type: Unpaid Internship
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job Title: Content Writer and Editor
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, the Education Relief Foundation (ERF) is a not-for-profit and Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to the development, promotion, and embedding of Balanced and Inclusive Education (BIE), a new approach to education based upon four pillars: Intra-culturalism, Transdisciplinarity, Dialecticism, and Contextuality. We believe that only a comprehensive overhaul of our education systems, through BIE, can address the challenges of our modern societies.
The Media and Communication Department is responsible for developing effective approaches to communicating ERF’s mission and principles. The team anchors ERF’s internal and external communication, including producing content for the ERF website and Social Media channels, and producing knowledge and communication products.
The Intern will support the work of the Media and Communication team in three major work areas; (1) writing, updating and editing content for the ERF Social Media channels and website; (2) external communication of messages based on our communications strategy), and (3) helping to produce ERF’s publications. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge and writing and editing skills to help translate ERF’s information into effective online communication, as well be a highly productive, deadline oriented, and creative member of the team. This is an UNPAID internship position, full-time, based in the ERF Office in Geneva.
- Research, write and edit content for ERF’s Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram);
- Develop key messages for ERF audiences for Social Media channels, website and other communication tools and products;
- Review, edit and improve existing content for the ERF website;
- Support in drafting and editing of content for publications;
- Identify relevant photographs and graphics as needed;
- Create dissemination lists for targeted audiences;
- Provide any other support, as needed.
- Demonstrated strong creative writing and editing skills, specifically for Social Media and website;
- Superior English-language skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details;
- Knowledge and working experience using Facebook for Business, Twitter and Instagram;
- Knowledge of MS office applications;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro is a plus;
- Knowledge of Joomla, HTML and CSS is a plus.
ERF is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, ethnicity or sexual orientation. We particularly encourage women, ethnic minorities and differently abled persons to apply. Applicants must have the right to work in Switzerland.
TERMS OF IMPLOYMENT
This is an UNPAID internship starting as soon as possible through 31 December 2018.
HOW TO APPLY