Contract Type: Internship
Closing date: 31 August 2017
Job ID: GE-ERF-002-17-08-F
During 2017, The Education Relief Foundation (ERF) and its partners are delivering four high-level meetings for advancing Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4) globally. ERF is currently seeking an intern to support its meeting work in Latin America throughout the preparatory, inception and reporting phase under the guidance of the Director. In particular, the intern will contribute to perform a wide variety of responsible, confidential and complex duties related to the recording, preparation, transcription and maintenance of records and documents.
- Attend the Latin American Meeting with the ERF staff;
- Compile packet documents, edit and proofread agenda and various other documents for accuracy;
- Compose, type and proofread a wide variety of complex and confidential documents and reports,
- Take minutes and transcribe meeting recordings as required;
- Collect information from various sources during the meeting (delegate presentations, reports, recordings) to consolidate data into meeting report;
- Produce meeting report in Spanish and English;
- Maintain and create electronic filing of meeting presentations, video recordings, voice recordings, and photographs;
- Analyse finances against expenditure to ensure logistical billings;
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Language profile: Spanish mother tongue, fluent in English;
- Tactful, cooperative and discreet;
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to anticipate others’ needs and proactively act upon this knowledge;
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) in a clear and concise manner;
- High attention to detail;
- Can type at a speed necessary for successful job performance;
- Ability to work within established deadlines to meet agreed deliverables.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE
- Completed or pursuing a recognised course in conference interpreting and/or translation;
- Experience in minute taking and meeting report writing and translation (English and Spanish);
- Experience in coordinating logistics;
- Experience in researching;
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
Interested candidates and recent graduates please apply stating in the subject field full name of applicant and internship of interest (example: LAST NAME, First Name - Internship GE-ERF-002-17-08-F). Please send your motivation/ cover letter (briefly describing your reasons for applying to this internship) and CV (2 pages max.) to the email indicated below.
This is an UNPAID internship with a travel opportunity to Latin America from 25-27th October 2017.
Duration: Starting on 15th October 2017 and ending on 15th November 2017
Time: The work will be part time (50%) and home-based. The candidate must be available to travel to Latin America for the meeting from 25-27th October 2017.
Location: Home based
Contract Type: Unpaid Internship
Closing date: 15 September 2017
Job ID: GE-ERF-003-25-08-F
The Education Relief Foundation (ERF) is a local registered NGO in Geneva, Switzerland working with development projects within the field of education. Building on its four high-level regional meetings, the efforts of ERF are focused on research and analysis, community based training schemes, policy development and advocacy. This position is part of fund development activities for the organisation’s projects. Activities will include grant writing and proposal development under the guidance of the Director for submitting to public agencies, private foundations and corporations in Switzerland. The Development Writer will serve as editor, and/or principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic projects; capital campaign-related promotional materials; and project summaries for a diverse array of fundraising goals.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations in Switzerland to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants;
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. Types of projects include formal proposals, letters of inquiry, brochures and flyers, direct mail pieces, invitations and web site content;
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- French mother-tongue, with excellent written and oral skills in German;
- Professional experience in technical writing, communications, media relations, or related field.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE
- Demonstrated knowledge of business correspondence, marketing materials and reports;
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece;
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline;
- Commitment to the highest standards of professionalism;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
This is an UNPAID internship.
Interested candidates please apply stating in the subject field full name of applicant and internship of interest (example: LAST NAME, First Name - Internship GE-ERF-003-25-08-F) with a motivation/ cover letter (briefly describing reasons for applying to this internship) and CV (2 pages max.)
Duration: Starting as soon as possible for a period of 6 months.
Time: Part-time (60%)
Location: Geneva office with flexibility to work from home.