JOB TITLE: Meeting Programme Coordinator
Posting Reference Number: GE-ERF-001-17-02-E
Education Relief Foundation (ERF) is currently seeking a Meeting Programme Coordinator between March and November 2017. He/she will support ERF’s Engaging Stakeholders Programme, comprising of a total of four policy shaper regional meetings to be hosted in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe.
The main focus of this role is to provide support to the Director in engaging with the relevant stakeholders in the area of Education to encourage high-level discussion around Balanced and Inclusive Curriculum. The position will mainly include desk research and organisational support to make ERF’s Engaging Stakeholders Programme happen in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe during 2017.
The position requires a highly detail-oriented individual with strong administrative skills, and a proactive and professional demeanour. To be successful, the ideal candidate will be well-organised, able to work with little supervision, and maintain excellent business communication and interpersonal skills with ERF staff and its network.
- Conduct desk research in the area of Balanced and Inclusive Curriculum in Education by gathering briefs and publications on key issues, best practices, gaps and recent advances.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships (e.g. Governments, NGOs, International Organisations, Civil Society organisations with a direct and indirect relevance to
- Balanced and Inclusive Education) and in support of ERF’s programmes.
- Provide content planning support to ensure successful planning and execution of the four international meetings.
- Disseminate learnings and recommendations from the meetings to encourage policy dialogue between stakeholders and participants of the four meetings.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of project deliverables (e.g. delegate information package, reports, presentations).
- Will be required to travel overseas to support the four ERF meetings.
- Provide support with all logistical and administrative arrangements.
- Detail oriented and strong organisational skills are a must.
- Ability to keep colleagues informed of progress, workload and priorities.
- Excellent English written and spoken business communication skills.
- Strong editing and formatting skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work.
- Good research skills.
- Strong team player.
- Strong commitment to high quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proactive approach to work tasks.
- Previous experience in international event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, education policy, OR equivalent training OR extensive experience.
- Solid understanding of the sustainable development agenda.
- Possess strong research, analysis and writing skills.
- Foreign language skills will be an advantage.
- This is a 9-month, home-based position starting in March and ending in November 2017.
- Consultant fee/compensation: 1’400 CHF/month.
CONTACT AND DEADLINE
THIS POSTING IS CLOSED.