Jobs & Internships with ERF
CURRICULUM SPECIALIST FOR BALANCED AND INCLUSIVE EDUCATION TEACHING AND LEARNING CONTENT DESIGN
Under the overall authority of the President of the Education Relief Foundation (ERF) and under the direct supervision and coordination of the Head of the Programmes Department, the post-holder will support the Programmes and Pilot Projects with the production of Teacher training and teaching and learning material for Balanced and Inclusive Education. The post requires extensive travel to Africa and other regions.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Produce innovative Balanced and Inclusive Education teacher training content for primary and secondary education;
- Produce innovative and attractive Balanced and Inclusive Education teaching and learning materials for primary and secondary education;
- Develop innovative (digital) contents for teachers, teacher trainers, educators, curriculum developers, policy makers, innovators, researchers, parents, students and the public at large to support spreading Balanced and Inclusive Education;
- Support BIE teacher training and teaching and learning materials design in and for Uganda, Djibouti and other countries.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in education or pedagogy;
- Specific training in curriculum development is an asset.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Five years of work experience in curriculum development with a demonstrated expertise in content design of teaching and learning materials for social and emotional learning, values education, learning to live together, peace education and/or life skills;
- Experience in designing teaching and learning content for education systems in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America preferred;
- Experience in teacher training content design.
- Sound knowledge of different existing pedagogies with an emphasis on how to build competencies in students and also teachers;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to translate complex concepts into effective teaching and learning material;
- Ability to work independently and as a team and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation;
- Good computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- Openness, flexibility with respect for institutional rules;
- Capacity to develop teaching and learning content for online use such as WhatsApp and Internet;
- Creativity, innovative and proactive approach;
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to maintain working relationships across organizational boundaries and in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French;
- Spanish highly desirable.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter demonstrating your qualification for the role, along with 3 references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the subject line: “Curriculum Specialist”