The Education Relief Foundation (ERF) is a Geneva-based not-for-profit and non-governmental organisation which serves to develop, promote and embed a balanced and inclusive education through policy development, capacity building and civil society engagement, amongst other activities.
The ForumBIE 2030 series of events constitute a key activity for ERF. The first ForumBIE 2030 was held at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland in December 2017. In November 2018, II ForumBIE 2030 in Mexico City. ERF is currently preparing for the third ForumBIE 2030, which will be held in Djibouti City, Djibouti on 27-29 January 2020.
Under the overall authority of the President of the Education Relief Foundation (ERF) and the direct supervision and coordination of Head of the Logistics, the post-holder will support the ForumBIE 2030 logistics organisation and execution.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the Head of Logistics in logistics preparation, delivering and post-event wrap up of the ForumBIE 2030;
- Assist in event coordination and logistics set up such as protocols, transportation, security, accommodation and reservation, F&B, hospitality, opening and closing ceremonies, etc.;
- Liaise with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) and local and international external providers;
- Assist in the management of accommodation services and room allocation to ensure services are delivered properly;
- Coordinate and ensure a local transportation plan is implemented by LOC, liaise as necessary with local stakeholders including the protocol and welcome services to arrange, for example, signage in transport vehicles;
- Overseeing Food & Beverage plan for the ForumBIE 2030 and ensure the plan is in line with the ForumBIE 2030 sustainable policy;
- Coordinate logistics set up of the Conference room, VIP lounge and other official ForumBIE 2030 rooms;
- Coordinate ForumBIE 2030 interpretation services, including support in providing background material and speeches for interpreters, and logistical requirements;
- Assist in the coordination of all logistical requirements with local stakeholders for Welcome Gala and other cultural events;
- Ensure appointment and tracking of a freight company for shipping;
- Support Head of Logistics to ensure timely delivery, and exercise quality control of all logistical arrangements before and during the ForumBIE 2030 as per action plan;
- Coordinate the delivery of services by sub-contractors;
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure all activities and setups are executed in a timely manner;
- Coordinating volunteers at different functional locations;
- Assist in preparation of logistical information for all ForumBIE 2030 publications, according to milestones established;
- Assist in preparations of a final report with “lessons learnt” regarding the above logistics aspects, and ensure adequate post-event follow-up.
The above TORs contain the primary responsibilities and duties of this position. However, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks that are reasonably allocated to them, but which are not part of their regular TORs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Project Management or equivalent
- Master’s degree is desirable
Position requirements and experience:
- 5+ years of working experience, ideally in organization and execution of international events
- Ability to work hands-on and to handle a large number of aspects simultaneously and prioritize efficiently
- Experience with high-level conferences and meetings
- Fluency in English, French, Spanish; knowledge of Arabic desirable
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to anticipate risks and to identify and deliver workable solutions
- Ability to travel and availability for being onsite in Djibouti at least 20 days before the ForumBIE 2030
- Team player with a can-do attitude and ability to build effective relationships with people of all levels in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Excellent command of MS Office
Type of Contract: Fixed term, with the possibility of renewal
Starting date/Ending date: immediately, until 29 February 2020
Permit requirements: Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter demonstrating your qualification for the role, along with 3 references, to: email@example.com
Using the subject line: “Logistics Coordinator”